Z750Twin Meeting 2015, Germany

Home Forums General Ride Outs and Meets Z750Twin Meeting 2015, Germany

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome Twins,

we had our meeting 2015 and you find a nearly finished website showing a lot of pics 😉

http://www.z750twin.de/treffen_2015.htm

I will finish this site within the next days. Currently pics of the Saturday night party and the Sunday are missing.

Have fun !

Cheers, Michael

Michael
    Participant

Finished 😉

http://www.z750twin.de/treffen_2015.htm

Have fun !

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Amazing pictures Michael. Thank you for sharing.

It looks like you all had a great time. I wish I could have made it.

Maybe next year, who knows . . .

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

P.S. I love the fire bottle

lonesome
    Participant

I would just like to say that I am extremely jealous of the number of people who went. I’d like to make a point of being at the next Treffen, no matter where or when. Life’s too short not to do these things.

[img width=800]http://www.z750twin.de/images/Treffen/Treffen%202015/IMG_6631%20(Custom).JPG[/img]

Michael
    Participant

Hi Lonesome,

that’s a word and you and the fellow Lonesomes are invited 😉

We will announce date and location for the next Twin Treffen in 2016 by end of 2015 at the latest.

We had the discussion about how many Twins attended this 2015 meeting and I was told that there were 34 Twins in total.
    Not all of them present for the group picture on Saturday evening !

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I have the jungle drums beating for the 2016 meeting. I am hoping to be able to go. There seems to be a little more member interest. Maybe we will equal our UK record of 5 twins or even beat it!!!

Michael
    Participant

Hi galZ and boyZ,

the german Z750Twin meeting in 2016 will be different than the other ones, at least from my perspective 😉

I have the fixed idea to go to Norway next year to celebrate my 50th birthday with 24h of sunlight !
    This means that I have to be above the northern polar circle and the Lofoten is my aim/goal !?!

As my birthday is 20th of June and 21st of June is “Midsommar”, this journey is at the typical time we have the Twin meeting in Germany, so there are conflicting interests, maybe.

Attendees for “my” trip to Norway are Lady Mary (my spouse), Sir Gaga, Hubertus (my uncle) and me 😉

Long term planning is required, though.

Not sure about all that, but sure it will be fun, however it goes.

More to come.

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Michael

From our conversations on the telephone I am hoping the meeting in 2016 will be in North Germany in a convenient location for you to continue onto Norway for your birthday.

Obviously as more is known we can look to making arrangements but in principle that is where we are so far.

Michael
    Participant

Hi KK,

everything is not fixed yet 😉
    It will evolve over the next months.

There is a suggestion from Nobbi and Burky to have the Z750Twin meeting 2016 in the same place as we had it this year 2015.

This is more or less in northern Germany and a very beautiful and curvy area.
    You may reach that from UK without any issues or extreme long ways to go 😉
    If you want to navigate to there, a city called “Warstein” is very close.

You’ve inspired me and I’ve made a time-frame that shows my “birthday party date” and the possible dates for a Twin meeting that we can attend either before or after our trip to Norway.

Which date would you prefer ?
    3rd to 5th of June 2016 or
    1st to 3rd of July 2016 ?
    Both possible dates are “New Moon”, so there is no difference in that.

It may sound very selfish to plan the Twin meeting around our trip, but we would like to attend that meeting as well 😉
    My personal feeling is to have the meeting in the beginning of July, so we can tell the “Norwegian Story” after our trip and this year’s weather at that date was hot and dry 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It sounds perfect so far Michael. I will take a few days to speak with people then I will start a thread on here to show positive interest.

lonesome
    Participant

“Newcastle to Bergen is not available anymore but AFerry has more ferry routes than any other company, so you are bound to be able to find a good alternative …”

Yeah right, bit upset about that. Not sure I could do the full overland deal, but well up for Part 1 when it’s sorted.

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

As soon as a venue and date are decided I will start to make arrangements. In 2014 we did around 800 miles. It is expected this trip will be about the same. I am already looking forward to this trip. Keep an eye on the dedicated trip above.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this