This I like.

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Archive General Gallery This I like.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    AtLarge
    Participant

11227898_892487317535493_3150564663132186171_n-L.jpg

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That is very nice. Would prefer it with some kind of side panel though

Michael
    Participant

Hi AtLarge,

thanX !

It gives me some inspiration where to go with my over-next project, a scrambler twin based on a LTD 😉

Beside my “Lofoti” the next project will be a Caferacer based on a B3. Clip-Ons, dual disc brake in the front, 2-in-2-exhaust, all that already here. Preparing the recessed foot pegs in the moment.

I love the Storz rear fairing since many years and will use that eventually for the scrambler.

Rest could be somehow like the one you have posted 😉

We will see how that proceeds, as I have the crazy idea to place two silencers right below the seat.
    Maybe in conjunction with an under-engine pre-silencer for the Caferacer.

Cheers and all the best over the pond,
    Michael

PS: Vote for the right candidate, please 😉

KennyS
    Participant

New to the site and only just seen this. Really like the style of it and looks well done.

KennyS
    Participant

New to the site and only just seen this. Really like the style of it and looks well done.

Michael
    Participant

I have visited the Glemseck 101 and Thomas from Hamburg showed his Z750Twins.
    One is with a real nice exhaust that would fit a Scrambler best:

kaye
    Participant

I like the pipes, and that headlight looks like one i use from a ural!

AtLarge
    Participant

Nicely done. Interesting front brake. Wonder whose that is?

Michael
    Participant

Hi AtLarge,

as far as I can see it is a Grimeca double-duplex drum brake (Made in Italy).

Was in use with MV Agusta 750 S:
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2011/04/article/memorable-motorcycle-mv-agusta-750s/
    and some more italian bikes and race bikes in the 1970s.

Currently this drum brake is out of production, but may be appear again at even higher price.

Last price was around 1.600,- Euros for the brake only, not the complete wheel !

Cheers, Michael

Mikeonabike
    Participant

The Suzuki GT750J brake is a slightly cheaper option,Double sided Four leading shoe, I have one on my Moto Guzzi and one on my Honda K4 race bike.

AtLarge
    Participant

Double sided and love the look. May not be as good as disks but, so sexy. I once laced a drum brake rim. Vowed never to do that again. 🙂

beachcomber
    Participant

I’m using the very same Grimeca 4LS brake / hub. Me and my pal bought the last 2 imported to the UK before production ceased. I just heard through the grapevine that they are back in production.

Mine is laced into a Borrani rim with stainless spokes. I’m just in the process of sorting out the spindles and spacers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this