PREVIEW THE NEW SITE

Home Forums Check out our NEW website PREVIEW THE NEW SITE

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BrotherFunny 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Well Guys n Gals the New Site is almost ready to launch.

We are inviting everyone to now take a look and comment at the layout so far.

As a quick guide we are aware of one or 2 minor issues and we are not happy with the Gallery. We would also like to improve the Forum but these things do take time and we don’t want to hold the launch back much longer.

Please visit the following link and REGISTER using the button on the top left of the page. You can re use your details here if you wish, it will not affect anything.

NEW LONESOME SITE

Take a look around and we look forward to your constructive comments.

philpassingham
    Participant

wont let me in

kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Your doing something wrong then. What’s the problem?

BrotherFunny
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Philpass is right,

i also can`t logging in. The new Side don´t accept my Password and username. Is it the same like here in the old webside? Or need one new?

Cheers from Germany

Gerd

kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You DO need to register on the site

BrotherFunny
    Participant

Hi Andy,

i registered me and aktivated with the link i got. I done so. Aktivating seems god.

Seemed, all is okay, but
    the side refused logging in.
    Told Password is not okay, i would need another, new one.

I ordered a new one, fourtimes until yet, but no success.

I don´t know why??? What´s wrong??

Cheers from Germany

Gerd

kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Brother Funny

I have reset your password on the new website. I have sent you a private message on this site to tell you what it is.

Cheers

KK

BrotherFunny
    Participant

Hi Andy,

thank you for helping. All´s okay.
    I think the new Webside will be very good.

Cheers

Gerd

Marko
    Participant

Hello!

The new site looks great and I had no problems with registering.

I haven’t read everything about the new site, so maybe you already answered the following question: will you transfer the topics from the old forum to the new one?

Cheers,
    Marko

kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko

Thank you for your comments.

We wanted to produce a website that was more in touch with the demands of modern society as well as an easier to browse format with controlled content. As you can see the new site allows these things. It is also very mobile phone friendly and each section is specifically designed to display and share it’s contents in a friendly manor to specific to its nature.

The old (current) website cannot do this and therefore has not been developed this way and subsequently will not fit exactly into the new layout.

We do not want to lose the old website and it’s content so we are still looking at the best options to maintain it’s presence. We have looked at transferring posts manually but this would obviously be extremely slow and time consuming and would have to be restricted to the most popular few.

The most feasible option appears to be to treat the new website as a fresh start and change the old website to a read only archive, therefore keeping all it’s content for future reference.

Marko
    Participant

Hi Andy!

Loosing the old site was my main concern because old topics are really a valuable source of information. If you manage to keep the old site alive as archive, I fully support your approach to have a fresh start.

Cheers from sunny Ljubljana!
    Marko

richh
    Participant

Looking good Andy, very smooth!

philpassingham
    Participant

When’s the Swopover?

AtLarge
    Participant

Ya. When can we do this? 😕

kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Very soon hopefully guys. It is waiting for me at the moment but I am tied up with a few personal matters at the moment. Please bear with me.

Cheers

KK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this