New bike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KennyS
    Participant

Hi guys, impatience and sunny days got the better of me.
    I got another bike off ebay. It runs and has mot, and most of it is there. It must just be my luck, once I got it home it wouldn’t tick over smoothly, it cuts out at junctions when the revs drop off.
    I tried just raising the throttle stop but then it races. The guy said he’d had the carbs cleaned and set up but hey ho.
    At least I had it out for a run, just have to change my riding style a bit.
    Paint is tidy, but not choice.No seat lock, so the seat just fastened at one side. Handle bar bushes to the yoke are really squidgy. Can you get new bushes or is it worth making something more solid, I’m used to having solid mounted bars. With these you need to start turning as soon as you see a bend.
    I’ll put some photos on later, I took them on high resolution and don’t know how to compress them on the chrome book.

KennyS
    Participant

Yesterday was glorious, today it’s raining, so managed to compress the pictures.
    A few niggles to sort out. Back brake is poor, even for a twin. Might help if the exhaust didn’t prevent full travel. Kick start doesn’t return, the guy said he’d checked it and the spring looked okay, not sure what else it would be.

AtLarge
    Participant

Nice looking bike Ken. Definitely has potential.

philpassingham
    Participant

Looks good,

richh
    Participant

Looks very nice, I’d want to sort the brake issue first tho!

philpassingham
    Participant

Think zpower do the bar rubbers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this