Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Marko
    Participant

Yesterday I went on a ride along the Adriatic coast, as planned. The weather was OK, mostly cloudy with quite heavy wind. The road is probably really one of the most beautiful in the Europe, as people who ride much more than me are saying. Scenery is very impressive and the road is very twisty with surprisingly good tarmac. Summer however is not the best time to do it, due to quite heavy traffic. And if you go there, don’t take the speed limit signs too seriously ;-)(outside of the towns of course).

A few numbers:
    Total distance covered (there and back): 490 km
    Average speed: around 60 km/h
    Average fuel consumption: 5,2 l/100 km
    Problems with the bike: NONE! 😀

Cheers, Marko

lonesome
    Participant

That’s kind of stirred my dreams about The Big Trip. 1100ml / 1800km. 2016. Saddle up guys 😎

Marko
    Participant

Now that is a great plan! If you need any suggestions for travelling across Slovenia, just let me know. And I would be happy to meet you here and maybe even ride along for a while.

Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi guys,
    sounds like a plan, but we (Maria and me) can’t do it in 2016 !
    We will use all our holidays to go to Lofoten, Norway, in June 2016.
    Maybe we can do Croatia and Slovenia together in 2017 ?
    My home (close to Munich) is about 1/3 of the way to Croatia and 2/3 to the UK, so that would be a perfect camp during that long ride.
    Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Hello after a long time!

Just wanted to let you know that the twin is still with me 🙂

I haven’t registered it last year, so I made a short ride around the house from time to time, just to keep it in shape. As it seems, also in 2017 it will be the same – I simply don’t have enough time to ride both bikes.

I wish you all a happy new year! And if you travel around these part of the world, don’t forget to let me know!

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

good to see you and your Twin again !

We will have a 2-week-bike-holiday with two bike meetings in June 2017, but no plans for the summer holiday and we have never been in Slovenia for holidays.

Looks like to happen in late August, early September.

We will see how this goes on !

Prost, cheers, na zdravje! pri pitju, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

She still looks gorgeous Marko but slightly naked without a grab rail lol.

Your adventures were great to look at. I do hope we can see more some day soon.

Have a good year mate and ride safe.

Marko
    Participant

Hi,

I just saw that the topic lost all the photos, so I am adding a few for the new visitors on site. I do not find a button for editing old posts, is this even possible?

In addition, some good news for my twin: the plan is to get it running again over the winter and put it back on the road by spring 2018. I mean, it still works as always, but I would like to “rebuild” the engine. Since I do not have the necessary knowledge, I need to find someone who could do it and I will probably need some advice also from you guys when the time comes.

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko

Thank you for adding the pictures and welcome to the new site. I hope you like it.

Sadly in the transfer we had issues with pictures coming over. We are working on it but it is a manual task and will take some time.

Enjoy and shout for help if you need it.

KK

Marko
    Participant

Hello!
    So after 3 years the time has come to put my twin back on the road and I am really excited about it! Today I took it to my friend’s garage, we will start working on it in the following weeks.

The plan is first to check the engine and see what needs to be done. Next thing is the starter, new tyres and I would also like to change the brake lines. And as always I am counting on your expert advices along the way.

So for now just a fresh photo before hitting the road to garage, hopefully I will have some updates soon.
    Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hey Marko welcome back. Has it really been 3 years?

Your S1 still looks very tidy and shouldn’t take too much restoring. Hope your liking the New Look site.

Keep us posted on your adventures, I have missed them.

Cheers

KK

Marko
    Participant

Slowly but surely we are making some progress with the bike. I already have new tires and battery, carburettors have been cleaned, and next job is the starter motor.

I was thinking about getting new exhaust silencers, I would like to have a bit louder exhausts, but not so much to annoy my neighbours. I was looking at something like these (Louis or eBay), but if you have any recommendations, please let me know!

Cheers,

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

I use the short reverse cone megas which are louder but only really when you open her up with aggression. In my opinion the sound much better

Marko
    Participant

Thanks, since they are not so expensive I’ll try one of those and see how they sound.

Marko

Marko
    Participant

Hello again!
    Here’s an update: the piston ring on the left cylinder was almost gone, I guess that explains the oil consumption and smell from the exhaust. It seems that we will need to change the pistons as well. The next thing on the shopping list are the engine gaskets, do you have any recommendation for the complete set?

Cheers, Marko

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this