Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

thanks for sharing !

Beautiful area and beautiful weather 😉
    Looks like I have to visit you next year 🙂

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

It’s great to see you pics Marko of your many trips out on your S1. I am very jealous of your scenery though. Our island is beautiful too but does not really compare to some of the places where you get to.

Keep them coming and thank you

Marko
    Participant

A couple of photos from last week’s ride to the seaside. Now the bike is already in “winter mode”, waiting for me to start working on the electric starter.

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You can fall out with people you know, not that I am jealous humph!!!

Marko
    Participant

Hello guys,

later than I hoped I also started my season! Not much to tell, the bike was running great – as it would not be standing in the garage for almost half a year. I only changed the oil and filter and now we are set for new adventures.

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

On your marks . . .

Get Set . . .

GO Marko!!!

Start showing us your beautiful country again mate. Enjoy and ride safe

Marko
    Participant

Last week we had our annual ride called MOTO VET again. It is more or less the only group ride that I take part in, so here are a couple of photos. We went to visit Istria (Croatia) and it was really wonderful!
    Twin was again the oldest bike there and could say that George was also the coolest 8-), but there was also a friend riding Yamaha MT-01 with 8000 € worth of aftermarket parts – and to be honest I always liked that bike. This one is tuned to have around 135 HP, really a proper beast!

On a side note, Henry Cole is making a new episode of World’s Greatest Motorcycle Rides. He started his travel in Ljubljana last week and is headed across Balkans. The show should be on TV in November, so make sure not to miss it.

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Hi Marko

As usual the scenery looks amazing. Looks like you had a great ride out and its awesome to see a twin as fine as yours taking part.

Cheers

KK

Marko
    Participant

Hello,

I made the bike a bit more “rider friendly” 😎
    First, bar ends are now installed – to reduce vibrations of course, and today I fitted also a windshield. I am not sure yet if it looks OK or not, but at least majority of the flies and other anoying bugs are now redirected from my helmet.

A few photos from my favorite destination close to Ljubljana (perfect for short afternoon rides):

Edmund
    Participant

I have a screen on mine looks very similar to yours, i know what you mean about the look but it serves its purpose.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

bike and scenery are beautiful.

Maybe a wind screen in clear plastic or smoke tinted may help to still see the meters from the front as well.
    This might help you to gain back the stock appearance.

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

Michael,
    you are right, classic clear screen would look better, I see that now. I bought this one from Louis.de, so I didn’t have a chance to try it on first.

Cheers,
    Marko

Marko
    Participant

Hi guys,

we are in the middle of heat wave here, temperatures are around 35 and rising! Not the best weather for riding, but it is better in the mountains. I moved to my parents house (close to the sea) for the summer, so I ride to work at least couple of times a week. It is close to 100 km one way and in the morning (at 6 AM) it is perfect. I mostly take the side roads, because the highway is full of turists and trucks.
    I also removed the windshield, back to the normal look.

Cheers, Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

You live in such a beautiful country Marko. It’s great to see you enjoying it on a twin.

Marko
    Participant

Thanks Kaptain! I am planning a ride along the Croatian coast on Friday, around 500 km, I’ll make sure to post some photos.

I have another question: my front wheel was probably hit in the past, as I was told by the mechanic at the tyre change, because he couldn’t balance it properly. Now, after 9000 km, I noticed that the front tyre is not evenly used, it is noticebly more used on the right-center side. Could that be the result of a “bent” wheel?
    Otherwise I haven’t noticed any problems during the ride, but perhaps the vibrations on the handlebars come also from that.

Do you think it would be wise to take the wheel for repairs or should I try to find a good used wheel? I was checking the eBay, but I am a bit reluctant to buy old wheel without seing it first.

Cheers, Marko

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this