Marko’s Z 750 S1

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Your Lonesome and you Marko’s Z 750 S1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Marko
    Participant

Hi,

This is a topic about my bike I bought this year. Some information are in the introductions, but I guess it’s more appropriate to open topic under Members Rides.

This is how it looked like when I bought it (pictures are Prt Scrn, hence the poor quality).

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by ersatzpole.
    Marko
    Participant

I thougt I would share an information I received from Kawasaki about my bike. I made an enquiry about any possible information about this bike some time ago and today I received their reply.

Quote:
    Thank you for your message and your preference for Kawasaki Product.

However your bike is very old, then we have attached information only.

(See attached file: 1982 Z750-S1.doc)

Based on frame no, your bike is 380th of Z750-S1 1982 model.
    Z750-S1 had been manufactured less than 1400 units.
    Would you please check the detail looking at the above document.

End of quote.

So it is S1 model, but probably the front forks were replaced, because S1 should have only one front disc.

Cheers,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

She is a nice looking bike mate. Another observation is the right hand engine cover. Yours is in line with the S1 model where as the S2 is different. I think that is as the K (belt drive) model

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,
    hope everything is going well 😉
    That is a nice looking bike and I hope it is working as it looks 😉
    Modification of the front brake is an advantage, be proud of it !
    All the best,
    Michael

Marko
    Participant

It is interesting how many variations of this model was in production. I was checking the bike documents and the front forks are original, so it seems that this was some European version of S1 model.

Also, the rear fender is longer that on the bike in the specifications I received from Kawasaki, but it is also original and in line with documents I have.

While wating for registration papers, I had sorted some minor issues (replaced fork seals, cleaned the carburators) and now it runs great.

Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

That’s good news Marko.

There are 12 models listed many just being variants of others with minor adjustments.

Soon you will be riding your beloved twin round and grinning from ear to ear

keith52
    Participant

Marko,

It looks great hope you have many a happy miles out of it.
    So glad you shared your photo’s of yet another variation of the beautiful Z750 twin.

Keith

Marko
    Participant

Believe or not, after 3 months of struggle, I managed to register my bike yesterday! 🙂
    And now, after weeks of sunshine, it started to rain…

Anyway, I need to change the tyres, and I was wondering if you have any suggestions? And what is the eqvivalent for 3.25 R19 for the front one?

Cheers,
    Marko

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

that are good news !

The absolute favourites in Germany are the Bridgestone Battlax BT45
    (F=front and R=rear).
    Dual compound, very good thing!
    http://www.bridgestone.de/kontakt/europaeische-websites
    and select your country 😉

Here is the direct link to the german site so you can see the profile at a first glance:
    http://moto.bridgestone.de/motorrad-reifen/ranges/battlax/bt-45/

TÜV-approved replacement size for a 3.25-19(as all Kawa Z750Twins have it in the front) is the 100/90-19.
    Speed index should be H.

Have a close look at your rims.
    Is there something like “Tubetype only” or “Tubeless/tubleless tire applicable” stamped on them?
    If you can use tubeless tires with your rims, do it and get the old valves replaced! The valve in the rear wheel should be angled by 90°, so it is much easier to control air pressure and refill air.

If they don’t offer your tire size in tubeless and “H” index, the “V” index tires will work as well an may cost about the same.

Cheers, Michael

Edmund
    Participant

Hi Marko
    i’m using BT45’s and they’re great, michael is right about the use of an angled valve on the rear it saves a lot of p:;”ing about. You can get the size’s and in H rated. I think i paid £190 for the pair fitted, so not to bad on the pocket.

Marko
    Participant

Thanks guys,

so far, in Slovenia I found these two in the size I need:

Bridgestone Exedra:
    http://www.b-f.si/bridgestone-130-90-16-67h-tl-exedra-max-f-p-8098.aspx

Dunlop D404:
    http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_sisl/mc/tyres/on_road/D404.jsp

Any thoughts on these ones? I like the profile on Dunlop’s, but I’m not sure if they are OK.

Thanks,
    Marko

EDIT: I just noticed that Exedra is front only, so that’s out.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Marko,

as far as I know this kind of tyres, they are constructed and made for heavy weight cruisers / choppers.
    V2 with 1400-1600ccm/300+kg

Typically their grip is bad and it takes ages to get them to a “warm condition” where they might work properly.

Better to go for a “light weight vehicle tire” up to 500 ccm.
    That would serve the Twin better 😉

I know some guys riding Avon tyres, but not aware of any model number.

After 15 or maybe 20 years of experience with Kawa 750 Twins I urge you to get the BT45s.

What ever you do, don’t do that!
    Kiss a pig or use Metzeler ME33/55/77/88/99!
    These Metzelers (except ME99 rear, it has grip and it lasts less than 3.000km!) last for ever and they don’t have any grip 🙁

No grip, no fun !

Cheers, Michael

Marko
    Participant

OK Michael, I think I get your point and I like your comparison – I haven’t kiss a pig yet, but I was “kissed” by animals quite a few times – I am a veterinarian and sometimes animals can surprise you – better with a kiss than with a bite or kick!

I found some BT45 now in online store, so I hope to get them in this week.

Thanks,
    Marko

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Haa Haa Haa

Ive kissed the odd pig or two. They looked like princesses the night before though.

BT45’s on my CSR. Great all round tyres.

dougyt
    Participant

Some of the pigs weren’t all that impressed in the morning KK 😉

Use the BT45’s. Avons are shit in my experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this