downpipes

Home Forums The Trading Post Suppliers downpipes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    philpassingham
    Participant

been talking to a fabricator today who is willing to make stainless downpipes for our 750s,with a discount for the club they are £90 a pair,will need an old one as a template,,j.c fabrications& customs,north Yorkshire,,jackiwaiton@aol.com 07816236265

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Fantastic mate and well done. Do you have any samples of his work?

philpassingham
    Participant

There was a set for a 4, looked ok to me, made with 2mm thick stainless, not baz quality but he’s not around anymore, some bend kinks but so have predators etc

Tango
    Participant

Cool would love to get a pair so I could put them new silencers on at a slight kick up.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Phil,

you are talking about downtubes for 2-in-2 exhaust?
    Is there a cross-over connection (Interferenzrohr) as it is with the original ones ?
    Are they a bit longer and a bit angled at the end, to fit straight “slip-on” exhausts without the need to extend these downtubes with adaptors ?

I may be interested in a pairs as well 🙂
    2mm stainless steel is a good choice.
    Have to check potential freight cost for that.

Cheers, Michael

philpassingham
    Participant

didnt get that technical,would imagine its just 2 pipes without crossover,it is for 2 into 2 pipes.

Tango
    Participant

Shipping would be Free if they fit in my panniers and you didn’t need them before June Michael. :pint:

Michael
    Participant

Hi Tango,

thanX for that offer 😉
    You are exactly right, it is not urgent!
    Maybe you find a way to transport it, in deed 😉

About 2 decades ago or so I’ve transported a full size 26″ mountainbike, a “Giant Coldrock”, partly disassambled of course, on my motorbike approx 750 km across Germany. Main support were the rear foot pegs and a bag across passengers seat.
    I still have the mountainbike, but the Suzuki GR650Twin that has carried it, has gone shortly after that !
    I had to have the money to buy my first Z750Twin, nowadays known as “The Black Lady” and still my own. Thus, my mountainbike is older than I have my first Kawa 750 Twin, oh oh, time goes by 😉

So I have to prepare a transport facility for the downtubes back from BeNeLux 😉

Cheers, Michael

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together. If they meet or exceed preditor standard then I’m in too. We can all carry a pair to Luxembourg 🙂

Kaptainkwak
    Keymaster

Is this deal still available? I could be wanting a pair in the next week or 2.

Michael
    Participant

I am interested as well 🙂
    Cheers, Michael

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this