Boardtracker project

Home Forums All Things 750 Twin Projects and Progress New Projects Boardtracker project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    beachcomber
    Participant

With my health issues not resolved but stabilised, time for one last project ?? Having ended up with the early motor [ Weber ] as a “spare” and not suitable for the blower – what to do with it ?

On a recent cull in my garage [ continuing cull ] I came across a hoard of Boardtracker parts I had been collecting for one of my Yamaha TR1 projects. They’ve sat in the back of my garage pretty well forgotten. I’m pretty sure we’ve all built a project around “that one piece” that’s too good NOT to use. In my case – a Brand New 1910 La Francaise Diamant” flat tank !

Ideally the motor should have been a Vee Twin or early Brit single [ J.A.P., BSA, Enfield ] but as they are all stupid money, I decided to look at the possibility of using the spare KZ lump.

THEN I spotted this Norton Boardtracker …………………. sympathetic colourways and accessories [ loads of copper / brass ] and I think I might pull it off.

The Glemseck project is NOT being sidelined, but with my build buddy Brian very enthusiastic about the BT, it will be built alongside. Fortunately I have ALL of the big lumps – engine, wheels, forks, frame, as well as all the aforementioned goodies. The frame [ KZ750 – thanx to the generosity of Rich ] will be modded to resemble the Norton version and the forks …………. well with girder forks in the region of £500 +, I have come up with a cunning plan that even Baldrick would be proud of. Take a pair of early BSA Bantam [ USD ] forks – as in the good old GPO telegram boys, and disguise the look. Time will tell if I succeeded.

KK and others that despair of my lack of respect [ not really ] for OEM machinery – the frame is without V5 and destined for the skip, so NO wrecked potential OEM bike.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by beachcomber.
    philpassingham
    Participant

That. Would look cool

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share this